The 22-year-old has not started for the Citizens since their 3-2 loss to Premier League leaders Manchester United in early December, making a brief substitute appearance at Arsenal.
Balotelli was not on the bench for City’s 1-0 victory over Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium in the FA Cup fourth round on Saturday, increasing speculation about the forward’s future.
However, City’s assistant manager Platt rubbished the rumours, adding that he doubts Balotelli will leave the defending champions before the close of the current transfer window on Thursday.
“I saw that speculation yesterday but I’ve not heard anything,” he said.
“As far as we are concerned I think he is still a Manchester City player. I don’t think there is anything is going to happen.”
He added: “I can only go off what you know and I have seen. I know exactly the same as you, which is speculation.
“It’s a shame Robbie’s not here. He might know more than me.”
Last week, Mancini insisted that Balotelli would be staying at the Citizens beyond the January transfer window, with the former Inter Milan striker’s City contract not set to expire until 2016.
“No, it is not true, Mario stays here. We didn’t have any requests about Mario or other players,” said the City manager.
MORE: Latest Man Utd news
MORE: Latest Arsenal news
MORE: The latest football news