- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
Man City transfers: David Platt plays down Mario Balotelli exit rumours
Man City transfers: The Citizens assistant manager David Platt plays down reports linking Mario Balotelli with a move to Milan
David Platt has played down speculation linking Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli with a move to AC Milan.
Balotelli was not on the bench for City’s 1-0 victory over Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium in the FA Cup fourth round on Saturday, increasing speculation about the forward’s future.
However, City’s assistant manager Platt rubbished the rumours, adding that he doubts Balotelli will leave the defending champions before the close of the current transfer window on Thursday.
“I saw that speculation yesterday but I’ve not heard anything,” he said.
“As far as we are concerned I think he is still a Manchester City player. I don’t think there is anything is going to happen.”
He added: “I can only go off what you know and I have seen. I know exactly the same as you, which is speculation.
“It’s a shame Robbie’s not here. He might know more than me.”
Last week, Mancini insisted that Balotelli would be staying at the Citizens beyond the January transfer window, with the former Inter Milan striker’s City contract not set to expire until 2016.
“No, it is not true, Mario stays here. We didn’t have any requests about Mario or other players,” said the City manager.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Shaw accepts Van Gaal's criticism
- Schneiderlin blasts Southampton
- West Ham hope to sign Jenkinson in next 24 hours
- All of today's football transfer gossip
- Rodgers rejects Tottenham comparisons