- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Man Utd’s Louis van Gaal needs to show respect, blasts Liverpool legend
- Paul Scholes questions Man Utd’s move for Daley Blind
- Tottenham give latest injury update ahead of Liverpool clash
- Photos: Sánchez all smiles as Arsenal gear up for Leicester trip
Man Utd transfers: Peter Schmeichel backs Wilfried Zaha swoop
Man Utd transfers: Peter Schmeichel backs Man Utd's move for Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha, with the forward set for a medical
Peter Schmeichel has backed Manchester United’s bid to sign Crystal Palace youngster Wilfried Zaha.
Sir Alex Ferguson is believed to be close to completing a swoop for the 20-year-old, who is expected to undergo a medical at United within the next 48 hours ahead of a £15m move.
Zaha is reported to have agreed a five-and-a-half year deal with the Red Devils, but will be loaned back to Palace to help their bid to secure promotion to the Premier League.
Schmeichel believes the England international would be a special signing for United, praising Ferguson’s desire to safeguard the club’s long-term future at the top of the English game.
“It just shows you what this club is all about – we look into the future,” the former United goalkeeper told BBC Radio Manchester.
“This is something Sir Alex has done ever since he came here. My understanding is if he signs he’s going to be loaned straight back so he won’t have any kind of impact on this season.
“But whenever there is a talented, special player out there, I think we are the kind of football club that needs to go out there and try and grab that talent.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTO: Three Liverpool legends meet at Bayern clash
- Twitter reacts as Chelsea beat Everton
- Everton 3 Chelsea 6: Player ratings
- Fazio available to face Liverpool
- Wilshere ready for 'tough' Leicester game