- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
- Paul Scholes: Jack Wilshere can come of age at Arsenal this season
Man Utd transfers: ‘Zaha must return to Palace if sold in January’
Man Utd transfers: Ian Holloway wants Wilfried Zaha to return to Crystal Palace on loan if the forward is sold in January
Ian Holloway insists Crystal Palace youngster Wilried Zaha must return to Selhurst Park on loan for the remainder of the season if sold during the January transfer window.
The 20-year-old has scored five goals in 25 Championship appearances for Palace this term, helping Holloway’s side stay in fourth place just two points behind second-place Hull City.
And the Palace manager wants to have Zaha available for the second half of the season should the playmaker complete a move to the Premier League this month.
“Wilfried Zaha is wanted by some of the biggest clubs in the Premier League,” Holloway wrote in his Sunday Mirror column. “And THAT, in the football silly season that everyone else calls January, is the problem.
“The need for confidentiality makes it impossible to reveal who is interested in Wilfried and who has made a bid.
“But the constant buzz of speculation is difficult to cope with. It is a great tribute to Wilf himself that he has been able to hang on to his sanity.
“He had a little dip in form when the transfer talk started to get louder last month, but he has since shown that class is permanent.
“I felt it necessary to have a chat with Wilfried this week about what might happen and what definitely won’t be happening. Even if we do reach an agreement with a club, it would have to include a clause that Zaha stays put for the rest of the season.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Mourinho explains Lukaku's sale to Everton
- Gerrard: Suárez too good for Arsenal
- Rodgers promises more Liverpool arrivals
- Photos: Costa & Fabregas impress v Vitesse
- Video: Fàbregas scores first Chelsea goal