- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd’s Louis van Gaal needs to show respect, blasts Liverpool legend
- Paul Scholes questions Man Utd’s move for Daley Blind
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Tottenham give latest injury update ahead of Liverpool clash
- Photos: Sánchez all smiles as Arsenal gear up for Leicester trip
Man Utd’s Sir Alex Ferguson: Phil Jones is better than John Terry
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes youngster Phil Jones is better than Chelsea captain John Terry
Sir Alex Ferguson believes Manchester United youngster Phil Jones is a better defender than Chelsea legend John Terry.
The 20-year-old has impressed for the Red Devils since returning from an injury lay-off which hampered the England international’s start to the campaign.
Jones was ever-present for United during the winter period, making nine appearances as Ferguson’s men extended their lead to seven points at the top of the Premier League table.
The Red Devils manager reckons Jones is a better athlete than the Chelsea captain, praising the defender’s start to his United career.
“Jones has got more in his locker than John Terry,” said Ferguson.
“Terry has got the experience and has become a fantastic central figure at Chelsea, but as a young player, John would be the first to admit he didn’t have the pace of Phil Jones.
“Phil is a versatile boy, he can play anywhere. He’s quick, two-footed, reads games well and is competitive. He’s doing very well.”
Jones has scored two goals in 51 appearances for United after completing a £16m move to Old Trafford from Blackburn Rovers in 2011.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTO: Three Liverpool legends meet at Bayern clash
- Twitter reacts as Chelsea beat Everton
- Everton 3 Chelsea 6: Player ratings
- Fazio available to face Liverpool
- Wilshere ready for 'tough' Leicester game