- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Man City’s Pablo Zabaleta: It’s probably my best season at Citizens
Manchester City defender Pablo Zabaleta believes he is enjoying his best season at the Citizens after scoring the winner at Stoke
Pablo Zabaleta believes he is in the form of his life after the Manchester City defender netted the winner against Stoke City in the FA Cup fourth round on Saturday.
The Argentina international has been a mainstay of Mancini’s back four this season, and remarkably, the right-back has already scored three goals in all competitions.
And the 28-year-old reckons it is probably his standout season at the Eastlands outfit after completing a move to City from Espanyol in 2008.
“Probably, I think it is one of the best seasons for me since I signed for Manchester City.
“I am always trying to improve myself on everything but also I have to say I am playing with great players around me. That makes every player better.”
The South American was also pleased with City’s performance after Mancini’s men secured a rare victory at the Britannia Stadium.
“I think it was well deserved for the team. I think we did a great game,” he added.
“We knew it was going to be tough. It has always been a difficult pitch for us in the last few years.
“But I think we played a fantastic game. We were very solid at the back. We worked really well as a team.
“We created a lot of chances. I think it was the perfect game for us.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings