- I wouldn’t sign Liverpool target Mario Balotelli for free, says ex-Man Utd star
- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Photos: Özil and Mertesacker train as Arsenal gear up for Everton
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
Man Utd transfers: ‘Macheda close to completing Elche loan move’
Man Utd transfers: Elche president Jose Sepulchre claims Red Devils striker Federico Macheda is close to completing a loan move
Federico Macheda is close to completing a loan move to Elche from Manchester United, according to the Spanish club’s president.
The Italian has found himself out-of-favour at Old Trafford this season, failing to make a single appearance for the Red Devils.
The 21-year-old has previously moved on loan to Sampdoria and Queens Park Rangers, and the former Lazio forward appears set to complete another temporary switch.
“The agreement between the three parties is complete, but we still cannot say that the player will come because nothing has been signed yet,” said Elche president Jose Sepulchre.
Macheda has also been linked with a move to Stuttgart in the January transfer window, with the Bundesliga outfit’s director of football Fredi Bobic confirming the club’s interest.
But he has grown increasingly frustrated by the lack of opportunities in recent seasons at Old Trafford, and Under-21 Italy international expressed his desire to move on loan earlier in January.
“I had very bad luck with the loans but I think it helped me a lot,” said Macheda.
“I think it helped me to gain experience in general.
“If I go out again on loan, I’m sure I will do well. I have been away two times already and, if it happens again,
“I’d look forward to getting playing time because maybe I made some mistakes but now I understand. I will take the chances I will have.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodgers: Markovic & Moreno available for Man City trip
- Van Gaal: Now I'm the devil of Manchester
- Giles: I wouldn't sign Balotelli for free
- Spurs should be top-four contenders, says Redknapp
- VIDEO: Rodgers completes ice bucket challenge