- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
Man Utd transfers: ‘Macheda close to completing Elche loan move’
Man Utd transfers: Elche president Jose Sepulchre claims Red Devils striker Federico Macheda is close to completing a loan move
Federico Macheda is close to completing a loan move to Elche from Manchester United, according to the Spanish club’s president.
The Italian has found himself out-of-favour at Old Trafford this season, failing to make a single appearance for the Red Devils.
The 21-year-old has previously moved on loan to Sampdoria and Queens Park Rangers, and the former Lazio forward appears set to complete another temporary switch.
“The agreement between the three parties is complete, but we still cannot say that the player will come because nothing has been signed yet,” said Elche president Jose Sepulchre.
Macheda has also been linked with a move to Stuttgart in the January transfer window, with the Bundesliga outfit’s director of football Fredi Bobic confirming the club’s interest.
But he has grown increasingly frustrated by the lack of opportunities in recent seasons at Old Trafford, and Under-21 Italy international expressed his desire to move on loan earlier in January.
“I had very bad luck with the loans but I think it helped me a lot,” said Macheda.
“I think it helped me to gain experience in general.
“If I go out again on loan, I’m sure I will do well. I have been away two times already and, if it happens again,
“I’d look forward to getting playing time because maybe I made some mistakes but now I understand. I will take the chances I will have.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ferdinand: I wanted to stay at Man Utd
- Redknapp disbelief at Rémy's collapsed Liverpool move
- Cech rules out Chelsea exit
- Mata: Van Gaal restoring Man Utd's winning mentality
- Rodgers: Markovic will only get better and better