- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Vertonghen & more: Twitter reacts as Dawson swaps Tottenham for Hull
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal rules out any further signings
- Rooney, Lineker & more: Twitter reacts as Di Maria completes Man Utd move
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
He’ll be missed! Agent says England will regret Balotelli’s Man City sale
Mario Balotelli's agent warns the Premier League that they will regret allowing the striker to leave England and join AC Milan
Mario Balotelli will be missed in the Premier League, according to the Italy international’s agent.
The 22-year-old completed a £19m move to AC Milan on Thursday morning, with the controversial striker penning a four-and-a-half year deal at the San Siro outfit.
Balotelli scored just one Premier League goal this season, with the former Inter Milan forward struggling to break into Roberto Mancini’s first-team.
And the player’s agent Mino Raiola believes England’s loss will prove Serie A’s gain.
“In England they’ll regret Balotelli for a long time,” Raiola told Sky Sport Italia.
“He is an extreme talent. England has only seen 50 per cent of what he can do.
“Balotelli is a cultural asset. We have decreased by 50 per cent the value of the Premier League and improved by 50 per cent the value of Serie A.
“All journalists in England are sad but the important thing is that we have brought a top player back to Italy.
“This negotiation was very difficult. It seemed to fail six or seven times in the last 60 days, especially because of journalists.
“Manchester City’s owners were also not convinced they wanted to sell Mario. But we worked
step by step.
“Mario’s return is a positive sign for all Italian teams. We had to be calm and balanced – and we were. We thank Milan for believing in this deal at a very difficult time economically.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Wenger open to further Arsenal signings
- Giroud ruled out until December
- PHOTOS: Sánchez fires Arsenal into group stage
- Man Utd are a joke! Carragher makes Twitter dig