- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Photos: Arsenal jet off to USA for New York Red Bulls clash
Newcastle transfers: Alan Pardew hopes to sign Demba Ba replacement
Newcastle transfers: Alan Pardew is hoping to be backed by owner Mike Ashley in his search for a new striker this month
Alan Pardew is hoping Newcastle United will be able to bring in a replacement for Demba Ba during the January transfer window.
The Senegal striker is set to be confirmed as Chelsea player after the Blues had a £7m bid accepted for the forward.
And Newcastle boss Pardew is hoping Magpies owner Mike Ashley will back his manager in his search for a new striker this month.
“Mike has been supportive, and he has to be even more supportive now,” said Pardew.
“He has to find the extra money for a striker, as we’re not going to get one in for the Ba money.
“There’s always a player who can enhance a team and we wouldn’t be competent if we didn’t look to replace him, which we have. Hopefully we can get that one in.”
Meanwhile, Newcastle are on the brink of completing deal for Lille right-back Mathieu Debuchy.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Van Gaal hints at defensive signings for Man Utd
- Herrera: My Man Utd debut was a dream
- Shaqiri plays down exit speculation
- Rodgers: Coutinho the brain of Liverpool side
- Pochettino: Lamela is unbelievable