- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
Newcastle transfers: Alan Pardew hopes to sign Demba Ba replacement
Newcastle transfers: Alan Pardew is hoping to be backed by owner Mike Ashley in his search for a new striker this month
Alan Pardew is hoping Newcastle United will be able to bring in a replacement for Demba Ba during the January transfer window.
The Senegal striker is set to be confirmed as Chelsea player after the Blues had a £7m bid accepted for the forward.
And Newcastle boss Pardew is hoping Magpies owner Mike Ashley will back his manager in his search for a new striker this month.
“Mike has been supportive, and he has to be even more supportive now,” said Pardew.
“He has to find the extra money for a striker, as we’re not going to get one in for the Ba money.
“There’s always a player who can enhance a team and we wouldn’t be competent if we didn’t look to replace him, which we have. Hopefully we can get that one in.”
Meanwhile, Newcastle are on the brink of completing deal for Lille right-back Mathieu Debuchy.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- 'Sneijder set to stay at Galatasaray'
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi
- Origi: Mignolet says Liverpool is perfect for me
- Rodgers: Origi one of world's brightest talents
- Origi vows to 'maximise' Liverpool chance