- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
- ‘Rene Meulensteen return would be great news for Man Utd’
Newcastle transfers: Alan Pardew hopes to sign Demba Ba replacement
Newcastle transfers: Alan Pardew is hoping to be backed by owner Mike Ashley in his search for a new striker this month
Alan Pardew is hoping Newcastle United will be able to bring in a replacement for Demba Ba during the January transfer window.
The Senegal striker is set to be confirmed as Chelsea player after the Blues had a £7m bid accepted for the forward.
And Newcastle boss Pardew is hoping Magpies owner Mike Ashley will back his manager in his search for a new striker this month.
“Mike has been supportive, and he has to be even more supportive now,” said Pardew.
“He has to find the extra money for a striker, as we’re not going to get one in for the Ba money.
“There’s always a player who can enhance a team and we wouldn’t be competent if we didn’t look to replace him, which we have. Hopefully we can get that one in.”
Meanwhile, Newcastle are on the brink of completing deal for Lille right-back Mathieu Debuchy.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Agger pens open letter to Liverpool fans
- Photo: Suárez bids Liverpool team-mates farewell
- PHOTO: Sturridge wishes himself happy birthday
- PHOTO: Suárez gives Gerrard signed Barcelona shirt
- 'Falcao would have slotted in Arsenal side'