- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
Newcastle transfers: Rémy could be sold this month, says Marseille chief
Newcastle transfers: Loic Rémy could leave Marseille this month, according to the club's sporting director Jose Anigo
Newcastle target Loïc Rémy could be sold by Marseille in the January transfer window if the Ligue 1 club’s valuation of the striker is met, according to sporting director Jose Anigo.
Rémy is also understood to be a long-term target of Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp, with the Hoops boss repeatedly linked with a swoop for the 26-year-old during his time in charge of Tottenham Hotspur.
And Marseille chief Anigo admits the Ligue 1 side could be willing to let Rémy leave this month – but only if the price is right.
“Some English clubs are looking at our players and have not yet come knocking on the door,” he told L’Equipe.
“It will come. The only window of opportunity at the moment is for Loïc Rémy, if a big club comes for him and he is interested. We will see, but otherwise no one will go.
“His succession of injuries has hampered him, and saw him miss the Euros. But I think he is back. I can see in training there is a renewed confidence.
“But if he left, we still have a strong attack with [Andre-Pierre] Gignac and Jordan Ayew. We are well armed.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Gerrard: My worst three months
- Drogba: Fabregas will realise it is better with Chelsea
- Heskey: Liverpool would be happy with top four
- 'Sneijder set to stay at Galatasaray'
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi