- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Newcastle transfers: Rémy could be sold this month, says Marseille chief
Newcastle transfers: Loic Rémy could leave Marseille this month, according to the club's sporting director Jose Anigo
Newcastle target Loïc Rémy could be sold by Marseille in the January transfer window if the Ligue 1 club’s valuation of the striker is met, according to sporting director Jose Anigo.
Rémy is also understood to be a long-term target of Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp, with the Hoops boss repeatedly linked with a swoop for the 26-year-old during his time in charge of Tottenham Hotspur.
And Marseille chief Anigo admits the Ligue 1 side could be willing to let Rémy leave this month – but only if the price is right.
“Some English clubs are looking at our players and have not yet come knocking on the door,” he told L’Equipe.
“It will come. The only window of opportunity at the moment is for Loïc Rémy, if a big club comes for him and he is interested. We will see, but otherwise no one will go.
“His succession of injuries has hampered him, and saw him miss the Euros. But I think he is back. I can see in training there is a renewed confidence.
“But if he left, we still have a strong attack with [Andre-Pierre] Gignac and Jordan Ayew. We are well armed.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ferdinand: Man Utd can still attract top players
- Twitter reacts after Falcao joins Man Utd
- Twitter reacts after Welbeck joins Arsenal
- Big wins for Aberdeen and Dundee
- Phelan: Welbeck exit has 'broken' Man Utd's identity