- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
Newcastle transfers: Yanga-Mbiwa delighted to complete ‘dream’ move
Newcastle transfers: Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa says it is a dream to move to the Premier League after joining the Magpies from Montpellier
Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa has admitted it is a dream come true to play in the Premier League after completing his move to Newcastle United from Montpellier on Tuesday.
The 23-year-old has penned a five-and-a-half year contract at St James’ Park, with the defender reported to have cost the Magpies around £6.7m.
Yanga-Mbiwa captained Montpellier to the Ligue 1 title last season, but the France international is relishing a new challenge in the English top-flight.
“It was a difficult decision (to leave Montpellier); it was the club that trained me, the club where I made my debut, where I got into the first team and where we won the championship,” Yanga-Mbiwa told Newcastle’s website.
“So it was difficult to leave, but Newcastle held out their hand to me, they welcomed me. One day I had to leave and it has always been a dream to come and play in England.
“First of all Newcastle really showed that they wanted me a lot which was something that was obviously very important in me coming to Newcastle.
“Secondly, there were a lot of other French players here which is something which really helped me since I don’t know England too well. It helps me to settle into life here and to get used to football in this country.
“And also, very importantly, Newcastle is a massive club and it’s an honour to be here.”
Alan Pardew is also expected to complete a deal for Bourdeaux forward Yoan Gouffran after signing Lille right-back Mathieu Debuchy earlier this month.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers
- Twitter reacts to Arsenal's £16m signing
- Arsenal give Chambers No21 shirt
- Walcott welcomes Chambers to Arsenal
- Chambers's gives first Arsenal interview