- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
Norwich transfers: Chris Hughton hopes to strengthen Canaries squad
Norwich transfers: Chris Hughton says he hopes to make some additions before the January transfer window closes on Thursday
Chris Hughton has revealed Norwich City are still working on a number of signings which the Canaries boss hopes to complete before the January transfer window closes.
Norwich have already had a £5m offer for Gary Hooper rejected by Celtic on Friday, while Dutch striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel is reported to be another target.
Hughton is still optimistic of signing a striker this month, but the Norwich manager conceded that it is difficult to find good value deals at this time of the campaign.
“We’ve been endeavouring to do that,” said Hughton.
“People on the outside think it’s very easy to bring in the players you want. It doesn’t work that way.
“If you look at the strikers who’ve come in you’ve got to look at the circumstances. That’s generally big fees and big salaries.
“These are things that we have to work around. We’re still hopeful that come Thursday we’ll have some additions.”
Hughton also admitted Norwich weren’t good enough against Luton Town after the League Two side were 1-0 winners at Carrow Road in the FA Cup fourth round.
“The criticism will be harsher from all quarters. It’s normal,” admitted Hughton.
“We expect all of the criticism that will come our way. We have to be able to take that on the chin. A lot will be made of the fact we didn’t win; probably more (than) the fact Luton did win.
“We had the better chances over the game and were the better team. (But) we’ve got to give them credit. They took the one that mattered.
“Every club will go through this, the ups and downs, it’s about how you bounce back.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers
- Twitter reacts to Arsenal's £16m signing
- Arsenal give Chambers No21 shirt
- Walcott welcomes Chambers to Arsenal