- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
Norwich transfers: Chris Hughton keen on Ricky van Wolfswinkel
Norwich transfers: Canaries boss Chris Hughton admits he is interested in signing Sporting Lisbon striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel
Chris Hughton has confirmed Norwich City are interested in signing Sporting Lisbon striker Ricky Van Wolfswinkel.
The Canaries manager is desperate to strengthen his attacking options after having a £5m bid for Gary Hooper rejected by Celtic last week.
While the Hoops star is Norwich’s top target, the former Republic of Ireland coach has also been linked with a move for Queens Park Rangers forward Jamie Mackie.
Van Wolfswinkel is the latest name to be touted with a possible switch to Carrow Road before the January transfer window closes, and Hughton confirmed Norwich’s interest.
“Yes, I have seen those reports on him and there is an interest from ourselves but how far that interest has gone from us I don’t know. But certainly there is an interest,” said Hughton.
Hughton has revealed his frustration at the inflated transfer fees this month, but the Norwich boss remains positive about landing a striker before Thursday’s deadline.
“We’ve been endeavouring to do that,” he added.
“People on the outside think it’s very easy to bring in the players you want. It doesn’t work that way.
“If you look at the strikers who’ve come in you’ve got to look at the circumstances. That’s generally big fees and big salaries.
“These are things that we have to work around. We’re still hopeful that come Thursday we’ll have some additions.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Gerrard: My worst three months
- Drogba: Fabregas will realise it is better with Chelsea
- Heskey: Liverpool would be happy with top four
- 'Sneijder set to stay at Galatasaray'
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi