- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
QPR 0 Man City 0: It’s another big point for us, says Harry Redknapp
QPR 0 Man City 0: Harry Redknapp praises the Hoops for securing another "big point" after a stalemate with Manchester City
Harry Redknapp praised Queens Park Rangers for securing another “big point” in their bid to avoid relegation after the Hoops held second-place Manchester City to a goalless draw at Loftus Road.
City were much the better side in the first half, and Júlio César had to produce a world-class save to deny Citzens midfielder Gareth Barry on the stroke of half-time.
QPR looked to hit the visitors on the counter-attack for much of the encounter, and Adel Taarabt broke past the City rearguard midway through the second half but the Moroccan was denied by Joe Hart.
However, the best chance of the match fell to David Silva in the 82nd minute, with the Spain international’s close-range shot superbly blocked by César.
“It was an excellent performance,” Redknapp told QPR’s website.
“We defended well, we hit them on the counter-attack a couple of times and had a great opportunity in the first half with a great break from Adel.
“We defended fantastically all over the park, everybody worked hard.
“It was another solid performance, another clean sheet.
“It was another big point for us today.”
“It’s a fantastic run we’ve been on,” Redknapp added. “When you looked at the games coming and the amount of points we’ve taken and the way we’ve performed, it has been excellent.
“We’ve put ourselves back within touching distance.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Redknapp: Falcao will fire Man Utd into top four
- Smith: Welbeck only wanted Arsenal move
- PHOTO: Wilshere and Hart all smiles
- Madrid already missing Alonso & Di Maria
- Mertesacker: Arsenal's Chambers has everything