- Man Utd transfers: ‘Marco Reus rejected Red Devils move’
- Transfer round-up: Di Maria to sign for Man Utd, Arsenal target Manolas
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Tottenham transfers: ‘Mateo Musacchio set to snub Spurs’
- Arsenal’s Calum Chambers looks like top defender, says Liverpool legend
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Brendan Rodgers needs to sign striker to win the title’
QPR appoint Clint Hill as captain ahead of Ryan Nelsen departure
QPR manager Harry Redknapp appoints veteran defender Clint Hill as the club's captain for the remainder of the season
Harry Redknapp has appointed Clint Hill as Queens Park Rangers captain for the remainder of the season, with Ryan Nelsen set to leave the club in early February.
Nelsen was named as QPR’s interim captain in the autumn following injury to Hughes’ first-choice skipper Park Ji-Sung, but the former Blackburn defender will leave the Hoops in February to become Toronto’s manager.
“Clint is a great character, a good lad and a fantastic professional,” said Redknapp.
“He leads by example and has been superb for me since the moment I walked through the door.
“You know what you’re going to get from Clint when he plays and that’s 100%.
“He puts his body on the line for the club and that’s what we need.”
Hill, who signed a one-year contract extension at the club back in June, says that being named as Hoops skipper is a career highlight.
“It’s a very proud moment for me,” said Hill.
“I’m honoured and privileged. I’m sure it will be something I look back on in years to come with great admiration.
“Ji and Ryan have both had the honour of captaining the side this season and I’m relishing following in their footsteps.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Wenger plays down chances of more signings
- Besiktas 0 Arsenal 0: Three talking points
- Carragher: Chambers looks like top defender
- Wenger fumes over Ramsey red card as Arsenal held