- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Three reasons why Arturo Vidal should join Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
QPR’s Harry Redknapp wants FA Cup run despite relegation threat
QPR's Harry Redknapp says the Hoops will look to progress in the FA Cup despite making Premier League survival their priority
Harry Redknapp insists that Queens Park Rangers want to progress in the FA Cup, despite making Premier League survival their priority this season.
Redknapp has a good record in domestic cup competitions, having won the FA Cup with Portsmouth in 2008 before guiding Tottenham to the League Cup final the following season.
The Hoops must beat London rivals MK Dons to book their place in the FA Cup fifth round, and Redknapp vowed that his side would take the competition seriously despite their current predicament in the league.
“It will be great to get a good turn-out on Saturday from the fans – we’re going to need them because this is going to be a tough game for us,” Redknapp told QPR’s website.
“I remember watching QPR play them last season in the FA Cup and I thought MK Dons were very unlucky to lose, they played ever so well. It’s going to be a difficult one.
“The fans have been different class in the time I’ve been here and it would be great if we can reward them with a decent Cup run.
“It might not be our priority this season but we want to progress, make no mistake about that. We’re still in the Cup after a great win at West Brom and we want to try and win it.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ramsey wishes Jenkinson luck at West Ham
- Grenier rubbishes Lyon exit speculation
- 'Arsenal will need to activate Quintero's clause'
- Evans lifts lid on Van Gaal's methods
- Campbell: I'm good enough for Arsenal