- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal coy on Javier Hernandez future
- Arsenal transfers: Serge Aurier confirms Gunners approach
QPR new-boy Loïc Rémy eyes strike partnership with Adel Taarabt
QPR striker Loic Remy says there were signs of a possible partnership with Adel Taarabt at West Ham on Saturday
Loïc Rémy believes that he is developing a potentially-fruitful partnership with Adel Taarabt after the pair combined to help Queens Park Rangers earn a point at West Ham on Saturday.
The 26-year-old scored on his QPR debut after completing a much-anticipated £8m move from Marseille to the west London outfit last week.
There were signs of a growing understanding between Rémy and Taarabt, with the Morocco international teeing up the Frenchman for his first R’s goal.
“It was fantastic to score so soon in my first game,” Rémy told QPR’s website. “For me, this was a big surprise as I did not expect to score so early in the match.
“Adel is a very, very good player. He has a lot of quality with his passing and this is very useful for me.
“He created the goal for me but we need to play together more and more to develop our understanding on the pitch. I think we can do good things together.
“I am happy to get my first goal. Hopefully me and the team can grow and become better and better.”
Joe Cole’s second-half strike denied QPR victory over the Hammers at Upton Park, but Rémy insisted the Hoops were content with a valuable point.
“We worked very hard as a group to try and keep the lead and win the match but this was not possible,” he added.
“We are still happy to draw this game and take something from it because it was a very difficult fixture.
“Now we must work hard to win as many games as we can between now and the end of the season to stay in the Premier League.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Podolski urges Khedira to join Arsenal
- Vidal 'will join Man Utd next month'
- Aurier confirms Arsenal approach
- Cavani won't rule out PSG exit
- Fàbregas: I'll shine with Torres for Chelsea