- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
QPR veteran Shaun Derry signs one-year contract extension
Queens Park Rangers midfielder Shaun Derry signs a one-year extension at the club to keep him at Loftus Road until 2014
Shaun Derry has signed a one-year contract extension at Queens Park Rangers to keep the midfielder at Loftus Road until the summer of 2014.
The 35-year-old was out of favour under former Hoops manager Mark Hughes after the arrivals of Esteban Granero and Park Ji-Sung edged him down the pecking order.
But Derry has been reinstated into the QPR starting line-up under Harry Redknapp as the new manager bids to add more steel to his midfield.
“Harry’s got everyone believing again,” Derry told QPR’s website.
“There’s a togetherness about us now. The team spirit – which comes through runs like this – is improving all the time.
“We’re all coming together at the moment. We’re showing that togetherness that is required.”
Derry has made 91 appearances for QPR after completing a free transfer to Loftus Road from Crystal Palace in 2010, scoring his first league goal for the club in a 3-2 win against Liverpool earlier this year.
And the veteran has set a target of making a century of appearances for the Hoops before his new deal expires in 2014.
“I’m determined to hit that landmark figure. That will be a fantastic achievement,” he added.
“People who have followed me throughout my career will notice that I’ve moved on every two or three years, but when you hit that 100 game mark it’s a fantastic milestone.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Oxlade-Chamberlain hails Chambers's move
- Juventus confident of Vidal stay
- Van Gaal: I won't buy for the sake of it
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers