- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd make double bid, Arsenal to sign Carvalho
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Divock Origi explains why he picked Liverpool over Tottenham Hotspur
- Real Madrid didn’t appreciate Angel di Maria, says Man Utd signing’s father
QPR transfers: Harry Redknapp desperate to improve his squad
QPR transfers: Harry Redknapp admits he is struggling to improve his Hoops squad despite being linked to a host of players
Harry Redknapp admits he is struggling to improve his Queens Park Rangers squad, despite a host of players being linked with a move to Loftus Road.
The 65-year-old has become renowned for his ability to snap up top players for tremendous value during his time in charge of Portsmouth and Tottenham Hotspur.
Tim Cahill, Robbie Keane, Loïc Rémy and Wesley Sneijder are among the names being touted as possible signings for the Premier League’s basement club.
But Redknapp, who watched the R’s seal a surprise 1-0 victory at Chelsea last week, conceded that it has been a frustrating start to the month with QPR still searching for possible signings.
“I’m flying all around the world tomorrow to try and get one or two players,” Redknapp said. “I need to improve the squad.
“I’ll do everything I can to do that. We have to do a little bit of business somewhere, whether it’s loans or whatever.
“We have to strengthen. We’re short in certain areas. The team needs picking up.”
Redknapp has also been linked with a surprise move for Manchester City defender Micah Richards, but the Hoops boss laughed off the rumour.
“Yeah, I’ve just done a deal with him,” added Redknapp.
“He didn’t want to play in the Premier League-winning team and thought he’d be better off here.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Pochettino: I've always had faith in Kane
- Twitter reacts as Liverpool draw Real Madrid
- Liverpool 'pleased' with Champions League draw
- Arsenal handed Cerci boost
- PHOTOS: Kane impresses as Spurs beat Limassol