- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
- ‘Rene Meulensteen return would be great news for Man Utd’
QPR transfers: Harry Redknapp desperate to improve his squad
QPR transfers: Harry Redknapp admits he is struggling to improve his Hoops squad despite being linked to a host of players
Harry Redknapp admits he is struggling to improve his Queens Park Rangers squad, despite a host of players being linked with a move to Loftus Road.
The 65-year-old has become renowned for his ability to snap up top players for tremendous value during his time in charge of Portsmouth and Tottenham Hotspur.
Tim Cahill, Robbie Keane, Loïc Rémy and Wesley Sneijder are among the names being touted as possible signings for the Premier League’s basement club.
But Redknapp, who watched the R’s seal a surprise 1-0 victory at Chelsea last week, conceded that it has been a frustrating start to the month with QPR still searching for possible signings.
“I’m flying all around the world tomorrow to try and get one or two players,” Redknapp said. “I need to improve the squad.
“I’ll do everything I can to do that. We have to do a little bit of business somewhere, whether it’s loans or whatever.
“We have to strengthen. We’re short in certain areas. The team needs picking up.”
Redknapp has also been linked with a surprise move for Manchester City defender Micah Richards, but the Hoops boss laughed off the rumour.
“Yeah, I’ve just done a deal with him,” added Redknapp.
“He didn’t want to play in the Premier League-winning team and thought he’d be better off here.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photo: Suárez bids Liverpool team-mates farewell
- PHOTO: Sturridge wishes himself happy birthday
- PHOTO: Suárez gives Gerrard signed Barcelona shirt
- 'Falcao would have slotted in Arsenal side'
- Twitter reacts to reports Falcao will join Man Utd