- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
QPR transfers: Harry Redknapp won’t sell Madrid target Júlio César
QPR transfers: Harry Reknapp rules out the sale of Hoops goalkeeper Júlio César amid reported interest from Real Madrid
Harry Redknapp says that he wants to keep Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Júlio César amid reported interest from Real Madrid.
Madrid could be without Iker Casillas for up to three months after the Spain captain broke a bone in his hand during Los Blancos’ Copa del Rey quarter-final victory over Valencia on Wednesday.
José Mourinho is looking to draft in a temporary replacement for the Madrid shot stopper, and the Portuguese coach worked with César during a successful two-year spell at Internazionale.
But Redknapp insisted the Hoops would not be letting the Brazilian, or his second-choice goalkeeper Robert Green, leave this month.
“I don’t want to sell César or Green. They’re two good quality keepers. They’re our backbone. We need to keep them here,” said Redknapp.
“Cesar is a top keeper and you can understand why people would want him, but we’ve not had any enquiries.”
Redknapp also revealed that he is interested in signing South Korea defender Yun Suk Young, with Anton Ferdinand linked with a loan move away from the west London side.
But the 65-year-old was adamant no players will be sold until he strengthens his QPR squad.
“I can’t let anybody go unless we get some players in. We need to strengthen, not weaken the side and we have been trying,” he added.
“I haven’t been home for 12 days. (My wife) Sandra said she’d forgotten what I look like. I said I look like Paul Newman. In my dreams!”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings
- Torres is staying at Chelsea, insists Mourinho
- Moreno should reject Liverpool, says Aspas
- Di Maria welcome at PSG, says Cavani
- Juventus want Arsenal target Rabiot