- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
QPR transfers: Harry Redknapp won’t sell Madrid target Júlio César
QPR transfers: Harry Reknapp rules out the sale of Hoops goalkeeper Júlio César amid reported interest from Real Madrid
Harry Redknapp says that he wants to keep Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Júlio César amid reported interest from Real Madrid.
Madrid could be without Iker Casillas for up to three months after the Spain captain broke a bone in his hand during Los Blancos’ Copa del Rey quarter-final victory over Valencia on Wednesday.
José Mourinho is looking to draft in a temporary replacement for the Madrid shot stopper, and the Portuguese coach worked with César during a successful two-year spell at Internazionale.
But Redknapp insisted the Hoops would not be letting the Brazilian, or his second-choice goalkeeper Robert Green, leave this month.
“I don’t want to sell César or Green. They’re two good quality keepers. They’re our backbone. We need to keep them here,” said Redknapp.
“Cesar is a top keeper and you can understand why people would want him, but we’ve not had any enquiries.”
Redknapp also revealed that he is interested in signing South Korea defender Yun Suk Young, with Anton Ferdinand linked with a loan move away from the west London side.
But the 65-year-old was adamant no players will be sold until he strengthens his QPR squad.
“I can’t let anybody go unless we get some players in. We need to strengthen, not weaken the side and we have been trying,” he added.
“I haven’t been home for 12 days. (My wife) Sandra said she’d forgotten what I look like. I said I look like Paul Newman. In my dreams!”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck