The France international completed a sensational £8m switch to Loftus Road on Wednesday, penning a four-and-a-half year deal with the west Londoners.
It was a surprise change of heart by Remy, who had refused to meet with QPR manager Harry Redknapp to discuss a possible transfer after Marseille’s Coupe de France win earlier this month.
The turnaround has inevitably led to suggestions that the 26-year-old was lured to the Premier League’s basement side by a lucrative deal – but Beard insists Remy’s move was motivated by his desire to be part of QPR’s “project”.
“Loic was Harry’s number one target and we’re delighted we’ve been able to pull this deal off,” Beard told QPR’s website.
“There was a lot of interest in him from other clubs, because he is one of the hottest properties in Europe, so the fact we’ve managed to sign him is incredible.
“This move isn’t motivated by money. Loic has a passion and desire to achieve in his career and similar to Julio Cesar, he wanted to be part of our project.
“We know we haven’t achieved our goals so far this season, but he wanted to come in and help us build for the future.
“Tony is remarkable, he never gives up – that is his style – and he is as delighted as anyone that we’ve got this deal done.”
Remy revealed how a game of Fifa with QPR owner Tony Fernandes helped convince the forward to swap L’OM for the Hoops.
“We just played a game of Fifa – it was good and showed to me what a good person Tony is,” said Remy.
“He showed his human side to me as an owner of the club I wanted to join. It was a special moment for us both.”
Beard added: “They had great fun, but Tony told me he let him win!
“But in all seriousness, it was a great way for them to get to know each other better.”
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news