- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
Benítez confident over Chelsea’s chances of overturning Swansea lead
Rafael Benítez is confident that Chelsea can overturn their two-goal deficit and beat Swansea City to reach the League Cup final
Rafael Benítez is confident that Chelsea can overturn their two-goal deficit and beat Swansea City to reach the Capital One Cup final.
The Blues travel to the Liberty Stadium on Wednesday night following their surprise 2-0 defeat at the hands of Michael Laudrup’s men at Stamford Bridge earlier this month.
“We have to score and we have to win,” said the Chelsea interim boss. “For them maybe they will think they have to wait and play on the counter-attack.
“We have confidence that we can do it. Obviously we’re playing against a good team. In the first game we had a lot of chances and made two mistakes and they scored.
“It’s not easy, but we’ve done it before in other stadiums and we can do it [again].
“We know that they will try to score a goal and put pressure on us but we have go there and try to win. We can do it because we have enough quality in the squad.
“This is a different kind of game because they are winning at the moment but our approach has to be exactly the same.”
The Chelsea boss also revealed that captain John Terry is making good progress in his return to full fitness following a spell on the sidelines with a knee injury.
“He was training and doing well,” he continued. “Obviously he will need match-fitness and yesterday he had a hard training session and was doing well. He’s involved in the squad and is an option.”
The Spaniard also confirmed that Ashley Cole has agreed a new contract with the Stamford Bridge outfit.
He added: “Everything is agreed and the club will announce it when it is done.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck