- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
Roberto Di Matteo thanks Chelsea fans after ‘fantastic’ spell
Roberto Di Matteo has thanked Chelsea's fans for their support during his short but intense time in charge of the Blues
Roberto Di Matteo has paid tribute to the Chelsea faithful for their support during his short-lived spell in charge of the Blues.
The Italian, who guided the west Londoners to their first-ever Champions League triumph last May as well as the FA Cup, was sacked by Roman Abramovich in November and immediately replaced by new interim boss Rafael Benítez.
Di Matteo says he will keep fond memories of his time at the Stamford Bridge helm but admits he was working “18 hours a day” during his intense reign.
“I had three fantastic months on the Chelsea bench [at the end of last season], but also tough, as we worked up to 18 hours a day to achieve our results,” Di Matteo told the London Evening Standard.
“I was pleased to hear the fans cheer my name after I left. It was love at first sight with the supporters the moment I arrived in London and I am sure that love will continue over the years.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi
- Origi: Mignolet says Liverpool is perfect for me
- Rodgers: Origi one of world's brightest talents
- Origi vows to 'maximise' Liverpool chance
- Photos: Man Utd squad meet tennis stars