- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
I knew RVP would fire Man Utd to the top, says Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger admits he knew he was handing Manchester United the title by selling them Robin van Persie
Arsène Wenger admits he knew he was handing Manchester United the title by selling them Robin van Persie last summer.
The Arsenal boss let the Dutchman swap north London for Old Trafford in a £24m deal – and the forward has already netted 20 goals in 26 appearances in all competitions so far this season.
And Wenger insists it is no surprise to see the 29-year-old striker have such a significant impact on United’s title challenge.
“You know when you sell Robin van Persie to Manchester United that [they will be top of the league],” said the Arsenal boss.
“Robin is one of the best strikers in the world and you know he will score goals for them.”
Arsenal take on Manchester City in the Premier League at Emirates Stadium on Sunday afternoon.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ancelotti tells Di Maria to fight for Madrid future
- Twitter reacts as Drogba seals Chelsea return
- Mourinho: Drogba not protected by Blues history
- Drogba: I wanted to work with Mou again
- Vidal won't leave, says Juventus chief