- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
- ‘Rene Meulensteen return would be great news for Man Utd’
I knew RVP would fire Man Utd to the top, says Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger admits he knew he was handing Manchester United the title by selling them Robin van Persie
Arsène Wenger admits he knew he was handing Manchester United the title by selling them Robin van Persie last summer.
The Arsenal boss let the Dutchman swap north London for Old Trafford in a £24m deal – and the forward has already netted 20 goals in 26 appearances in all competitions so far this season.
And Wenger insists it is no surprise to see the 29-year-old striker have such a significant impact on United’s title challenge.
“You know when you sell Robin van Persie to Manchester United that [they will be top of the league],” said the Arsenal boss.
“Robin is one of the best strikers in the world and you know he will score goals for them.”
Arsenal take on Manchester City in the Premier League at Emirates Stadium on Sunday afternoon.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTO: Suárez gives Gerrard signed Barcelona shirt
- 'Falcao would have slotted in Arsenal side'
- Twitter reacts to reports Falcao will join Man Utd
- Balotelli tell Sturridge to brush up his dancing
- 'Falcao will give Man Utd wonderful lift'