- Aaron Ramsey thrilled to see Theo Walcott return to Arsenal training
- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- No player too big for Arsenal, Arsène Wenger tells Liverpool captain
- Photos: Jack Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere in best shape for years, declares Arsène Wenger
I knew RVP would fire Man Utd to the top, says Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger admits he knew he was handing Manchester United the title by selling them Robin van Persie
Arsène Wenger admits he knew he was handing Manchester United the title by selling them Robin van Persie last summer.
The Arsenal boss let the Dutchman swap north London for Old Trafford in a £24m deal – and the forward has already netted 20 goals in 26 appearances in all competitions so far this season.
And Wenger insists it is no surprise to see the 29-year-old striker have such a significant impact on United’s title challenge.
“You know when you sell Robin van Persie to Manchester United that [they will be top of the league],” said the Arsenal boss.
“Robin is one of the best strikers in the world and you know he will score goals for them.”
Arsenal take on Manchester City in the Premier League at Emirates Stadium on Sunday afternoon.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard