- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Photos: Robin van Persie & Wayne Rooney all smiles at Man Utd training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal step up Khedira bid, Man Utd to sign Alonso
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid boss gives update on Sami Khedira
I knew RVP would fire Man Utd to the top, says Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger admits he knew he was handing Manchester United the title by selling them Robin van Persie
Arsène Wenger admits he knew he was handing Manchester United the title by selling them Robin van Persie last summer.
The Arsenal boss let the Dutchman swap north London for Old Trafford in a £24m deal – and the forward has already netted 20 goals in 26 appearances in all competitions so far this season.
And Wenger insists it is no surprise to see the 29-year-old striker have such a significant impact on United’s title challenge.
“You know when you sell Robin van Persie to Manchester United that [they will be top of the league],” said the Arsenal boss.
“Robin is one of the best strikers in the world and you know he will score goals for them.”
Arsenal take on Manchester City in the Premier League at Emirates Stadium on Sunday afternoon.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Is Rodgers the right man to tame Balotelli?
- Clarke: Arsenal haven't missed out on Balotelli
- Koeman rules out Schneiderlin exit
- Owen: Rodgers will control Balotelli
- Cazorla's 'morale high' after Arsenal successes