- Video: Game of Thrones star gives team talk in Rugby World Cup ad
- Guinness Pro12: Munster sign Argentine hooker Eusebio Guiñazú
- Aviva Premiership: Northampton Saints kick off the new season
- Guinness Pro12: Gareth Maule reflects on tough Scarlets exit
- WRU and Welsh regions sign new £60m rugby agreement
- Jason Robinson backs Sam Burgess to jump from League to Union
Six Nations 2013: North backs Wales to recover from tough autumn spell
Six Nations 2013: Scarlets wing George North believes Wales can rise to the challenge of defending their crown
George North believes the challenge of defending their Six Nations crown will prompt Wales to produce their best form after a difficult end to 2012.
Wales endured a miserable autumn period, losing to Argentina, Samoa, New Zealand and Australia, making it seven successive Test defeats since winning the title last spring.
With Rob Howley in charge for next month’s tournament, there are lingering concerns over the Dragons’ ability to defend their title, with England and France regrouping at the end of the year.
But the Scarlets wing is confident that his team-mates can rise to the challenge and end their recent run of disappointing results, starting with victory against Ireland on 2 February.
“With the Six Nations… we got last year’s Grand Slam so hopefully we can push on from that and carry that forward,” North said.
“We’ve had our dip in form now, we know we were doing a lot of things wrong and certain things right, and we’ll work on that now.”
North also played down the chances of him switching from the wing to the centre.
“Same old isn’t it really, we talk about that every time we’re in camp!” North added.
“What will be, will be. The quality of centres we’ve got here – Jamie [Roberts], Jon [Davies], Scott [Williams] – I wouldn’t like to really go up against those three even for half a chance.
“At the moment I’m just happy to be on the pitch if selected.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
- Maule reflects on tough Scarlets exit
- Munster sign Argentine hooker Eusebio Guiñazú
- VIDEO: Games of Thrones star delivers rugby team talk
- Glasgow name strong squad for London Scottish clash
- WRU & Welsh regions agree £60m deal