- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
Stoke transfers: I expect Owen to stay until the summer, says Pulis
Stoke transfers: Potters manager Tony Pulis expects Michael Owen to stay at the Britannia Stadium until the end of the season
Tony Pulis has ruled out Stoke City striker Michael Owen leaving during the January transfer window amid reports linking the veteran with a move to Australian side Perth Glory.
The 33-year-old started his first game for Stoke in their goalless draw with Crystal Palace in the FA Cup third round on Saturday and has made four substitute appearances in the Premier League this term.
Owen joined Stoke on a free transfer in the summer after being released by Manchester United, and Pulis wants to keep the former England international until the end of the season.
“Michael has got a contract until the end of the season and as far as I’m concerned, he has not come in and said he wants to change it,” said Pulis.
“We haven’t pulled Michael in and said we want to change that. So Michael will be part of the football club hopefully until the end of the season.”
Pulis was also coy on Stoke’s possible transfer dealings during what the Welshman describes as “silly season”.
“There is Kenwyne, there has been interest from other clubs in other players. There is loads of stuff going on – it is the silly season,” he added.
“So we will let the silly season run and we will decide what is right for the football club and the players.
“We always take everything into consideration at this football club, and if it’s right for the players and the football club, we will do business. If not, then we’ll get on with things.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodgers: It isn't the Balotelli show
- Mourinho: Costa major doubt for Everton clash
- Aston Villa v Sunderland: Tickets available
- Mourinho wants to keep Torres
- PHOTOS: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool