- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
Stoke transfers: I expect Owen to stay until the summer, says Pulis
Stoke transfers: Potters manager Tony Pulis expects Michael Owen to stay at the Britannia Stadium until the end of the season
Tony Pulis has ruled out Stoke City striker Michael Owen leaving during the January transfer window amid reports linking the veteran with a move to Australian side Perth Glory.
The 33-year-old started his first game for Stoke in their goalless draw with Crystal Palace in the FA Cup third round on Saturday and has made four substitute appearances in the Premier League this term.
Owen joined Stoke on a free transfer in the summer after being released by Manchester United, and Pulis wants to keep the former England international until the end of the season.
“Michael has got a contract until the end of the season and as far as I’m concerned, he has not come in and said he wants to change it,” said Pulis.
“We haven’t pulled Michael in and said we want to change that. So Michael will be part of the football club hopefully until the end of the season.”
Pulis was also coy on Stoke’s possible transfer dealings during what the Welshman describes as “silly season”.
“There is Kenwyne, there has been interest from other clubs in other players. There is loads of stuff going on – it is the silly season,” he added.
“So we will let the silly season run and we will decide what is right for the football club and the players.
“We always take everything into consideration at this football club, and if it’s right for the players and the football club, we will do business. If not, then we’ll get on with things.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings
- Torres is staying at Chelsea, insists Mourinho
- Moreno should reject Liverpool, says Aspas
- Di Maria welcome at PSG, says Cavani
- Juventus want Arsenal target Rabiot