- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
Stoke transfers: I expect Owen to stay until the summer, says Pulis
Stoke transfers: Potters manager Tony Pulis expects Michael Owen to stay at the Britannia Stadium until the end of the season
Tony Pulis has ruled out Stoke City striker Michael Owen leaving during the January transfer window amid reports linking the veteran with a move to Australian side Perth Glory.
The 33-year-old started his first game for Stoke in their goalless draw with Crystal Palace in the FA Cup third round on Saturday and has made four substitute appearances in the Premier League this term.
Owen joined Stoke on a free transfer in the summer after being released by Manchester United, and Pulis wants to keep the former England international until the end of the season.
“Michael has got a contract until the end of the season and as far as I’m concerned, he has not come in and said he wants to change it,” said Pulis.
“We haven’t pulled Michael in and said we want to change that. So Michael will be part of the football club hopefully until the end of the season.”
Pulis was also coy on Stoke’s possible transfer dealings during what the Welshman describes as “silly season”.
“There is Kenwyne, there has been interest from other clubs in other players. There is loads of stuff going on – it is the silly season,” he added.
“So we will let the silly season run and we will decide what is right for the football club and the players.
“We always take everything into consideration at this football club, and if it’s right for the players and the football club, we will do business. If not, then we’ll get on with things.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck