- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
Sunderland transfers: Danny Graham will be Black Cats hit – Martin O’Neill
Sunderland transfers: Danny Graham completes £5m move from Swansea to the Black Cats, signing a three-and-half-year deal
Sunderland have completed the £5m signing of Danny Graham from Swansea City.
The 27-year-old has penned a three-and-a-half year deal at the Stadium of Light after falling down the pecking order under Michael Laudrup at Swansea.
The Englishman, who will wear the number nine shirt, becomes Martin O’Neill’s third signing of the January transfer window, following the arrivals of Alfred N’Diaye and Kader Mangane earlier this month.
And O’Neill is confident the former Swans man will be a success at the Black Cats, with Graham, who scored 12 Premier League goals last term, set to partner Sunderland’s prolific Scotland international Steven Fletcher.
“We’re delighted to have Danny and I genuinely think he’ll do well for us. He has a real desire to do well,” O’Neill told Sunderland’s website.
“I saw him from afar last season when he played very well in a system which seemed to suit him.
“I think he can fit in and score a few goals for us. We want to be less reliant on Steven Fletcher scoring the goals and I think Danny will alleviate the load.”
Meanwhile, Sunderland also confirmed that Louis Saha has left the club after the striker’s contract was ended by mutual consent.
Black Cats chief executive Margaret Byrne said: “We wish Louis all the very best for the future and thank him for his contribution to Sunderland.”
The former French international made two starts and a total of 14 appearances in the league and cup since joining the club in the summer of 2012.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings
- Torres is staying at Chelsea, insists Mourinho
- Moreno should reject Liverpool, says Aspas
- Di Maria welcome at PSG, says Cavani