- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
Sunderland transfers: Danny Graham will be Black Cats hit – Martin O’Neill
Sunderland transfers: Danny Graham completes £5m move from Swansea to the Black Cats, signing a three-and-half-year deal
Sunderland have completed the £5m signing of Danny Graham from Swansea City.
The 27-year-old has penned a three-and-a-half year deal at the Stadium of Light after falling down the pecking order under Michael Laudrup at Swansea.
The Englishman, who will wear the number nine shirt, becomes Martin O’Neill’s third signing of the January transfer window, following the arrivals of Alfred N’Diaye and Kader Mangane earlier this month.
And O’Neill is confident the former Swans man will be a success at the Black Cats, with Graham, who scored 12 Premier League goals last term, set to partner Sunderland’s prolific Scotland international Steven Fletcher.
“We’re delighted to have Danny and I genuinely think he’ll do well for us. He has a real desire to do well,” O’Neill told Sunderland’s website.
“I saw him from afar last season when he played very well in a system which seemed to suit him.
“I think he can fit in and score a few goals for us. We want to be less reliant on Steven Fletcher scoring the goals and I think Danny will alleviate the load.”
Meanwhile, Sunderland also confirmed that Louis Saha has left the club after the striker’s contract was ended by mutual consent.
Black Cats chief executive Margaret Byrne said: “We wish Louis all the very best for the future and thank him for his contribution to Sunderland.”
The former French international made two starts and a total of 14 appearances in the league and cup since joining the club in the summer of 2012.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck