- Man Utd transfers: ‘Marco Reus rejected Red Devils move’
- Transfer round-up: Di Maria to sign for Man Utd, Arsenal target Manolas
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Tottenham transfers: ‘Mateo Musacchio set to snub Spurs’
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Arsenal’s Calum Chambers looks like top defender, says Liverpool legend
Sunderland transfers: O’Neill wants further signings amid Graham reports
Sunderland transfers: Martin O'Neill says he wants to make more signings amid reports Swansea's Danny Graham could join
Martin O’Neill has confirmed he is still looking to add to his Sunderland squad before the January transfer window closes.
O’Neill has already snapped up Alfred N’Diaye from Bursaspor in a £3m deal this month, with Kader Mangane also moving to Sunderland on loan until the end of the season.
Despite the two new arrivals, the 60-year-old wants to strengthen his squad further after Sunderland were beaten 2-0 by Bolton Wanderers in their FA Cup third-round replay.
“David Meyler has left to join Hull because he wanted to play first-team football and Ji [Dong-won] has also gone on loan to Augsburg until the end of the season,” O’Neill told the Journal.
“There was room in the squad anyway, but now there’s even more space to be filled.
“We’re still just two out and two in. I would still be looking to get some more people in before the end of the month. And I would certainly want more people in before we would even think about letting anyone else out.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Dortmund hopeful of keeping Reus
- Smith: Fàbregas not the answer for Arsenal
- Markovic targets title with Liverpool
- Merson warns Arsenal over 'dangerous' return leg
- Schürrle impressed by new signings