- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
Swansea transfers: Michu signs new deal to stay at Swans until 2016
Swansea transfers: Michu signs a new four-year contract with the Swans to keep him at the Liberty Stadium until 2016
Michu has signed a new four-year deal at Swansea to keep the Spanish forward at the club until the summer of 2016.
The 26-year-old has netted an impressive 13 goals in 22 Premier League appearances after completing a £2.2m switch to Swansea from Rayo Vallecano in the summer.
One of the signings of the season, Michu’s performances have unsurprisingly prompted speculation of a possible big-money move.
However, the Spaniard has committed his long-term future to Michael Laudrup’s side ahead of the second leg of their Capital One Cup semi-final against Chelsea.
“It was an easy decision for me,” said Michu. “I am living a dream here at Swansea.
“I’m probably enjoying my football more than ever. It’s easy to play with this team and tonight I have the chance to reach the first final of my career.
“I’m really happy here in the city with the people, the club and the fans. Everyone has been so nice to me since I arrived.
“I think the club are happy with me because they have given me a new contract. I am certainly happy with the club.”
He added: “I’m happy here.
“I’ve read and listened to all the speculation, but it doesn’t interest me, and that’s why I’ve signed a new contract.
“I’m enjoying myself too much because the team always tries to play football. All I think about is the next game and helping Swansea be successful. This is my life.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings
- Torres is staying at Chelsea, insists Mourinho
- Moreno should reject Liverpool, says Aspas