- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
Theo Walcott: Arsenal must learn from the mistakes against Chelsea
Theo Walcott warns Arsenal that they must learn from the "mistakes" they made against Chelsea after 2-1 loss at Stamford Bridge
Theo Walcott has urged his Arsenal team-mates to learn from their mistakes after their poor first-half display led to defeat at Chelsea.
The Gunners found themselves 2-0 down after just 16 minutes at Stamford Bridge after the visitors failed to gain a foothold in the game.
Walcott, who halved the deficit in the 58th minute with a cool finish, believes Arsène Wenger’s men need to show the same character they displayed in the second half right from the off if they are to climb up the table.
“We didn’t really start until the second half,” Walcott told Arsenal’s website.
“It’s a shame that we conceded two sloppy goals and then woke up a bit. We need to show that character and desire to win from the start, not when we concede a goal.
“That is the disappointing thing. We dominated the second half and it is just a shame that we could not get the equaliser that we probably deserved.
“There were some positives to take out of it, but we need to start learning from the mistakes that we have made.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Shaw accepts Van Gaal's criticism
- Schneiderlin blasts Southampton
- West Ham hope to sign Jenkinson in next 24 hours
- All of today's football transfer gossip
- Rodgers rejects Tottenham comparisons