- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
Top-four finish is a must for Chelsea this season, says John Terry
John Terry admits that securing Champions League football for next season with a top-four finish is a must for Chelsea
John Terry admits that securing Champions League football for next season with a top-four finish is a “must” for Chelsea.
The Blues head into Wednesday’s clash with Reading on the back of the weekend’s 2-2 FA Cup draw with League One Brentford, which followed a League Cup exit at the hands of Swansea City.
But Terry has warned his team-mates that they will have to step their game up if they are to finish in the top four and qualify for Europe’s elite club competition.
“It’s disappointing going to Swansea and not scoring over two legs, then being lacklustre [at Brentford],” Terry told ChelseaTV.
“We came [to Brentford] and didn’t create too much. Fair play to them, they played well but we need to liven up a bit and realise the importance to the fans and the club.
“Champions League football is a must next season. It’s difficult but we have a squad and it’s down to the players who come in to rotate and play well.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck