- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Tottenham transfers: AVB targets another striker before deadline
André Villas-Boas has hinted that Tottenham will attempt to sign a striker before the close of the transfer window
André Villas-Boas has hinted that Tottenham will attempt to sign a striker before the close of the transfer window on Thursday.
Jermain Defoe is currently struggling with a pelvic muscle tear but the 30-year-old has been playing on due to Emmanuel Adebayor’s participation at the Africa Cup of Nations.
Tottenham are understood to be readying a £15m bid for Internacional striker Leandro Damiao – and Villas-Boas admits Spurs could do with strengthening their attacking line-up.
“We’ve found consistency in 4-4-2 so eventually we have the possibility to have one more [striker],” Villas-Boas said.
“It’s just trying to see if it makes sense. The January market is very demanding. Transfer fees can be ridiculously high.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Big wins for Aberdeen and Dundee
- Phelan: Welbeck exit has 'broken' Man Utd's identity
- Arsenal's Wilshere: Welbeck joining a great club
- Borini posts cryptic Instagram message
- Ricky who? Sterling had to Google Rodgers joke