- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
Video: Richard Swarbrick’s stunning Lionel Messi animation
Lionel Messi's fourth Ballon d'Or triumph is recognised by a specially-commissioned film by artist Richard Swarbrick
Seconds after Lionel Messi was awarded his fourth consecutive Ballon d’Or, adidas reacted with a purpose-made film by artist Richard Swarbrick.
An entirely gold-painted animation, featuring a Messi goal from 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012, the film celebrates Messi’s four “golden years of majestic, thrilling, balletic football”.
Swarbrick, the artist entrusted with the challenge, acknowledges having the chance to paint Messi in gold has been an “absolute joy”, but not without “a few sleepless nights.”
He paints every single frame by hand, before using ‘Photoshop’ and ‘After Effects’ to animate.
He added: “We wanted to make sure we reacted to the news faster than anyone else but with something quality that we can all be proud of.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Gerrard: My worst three months
- Drogba: Fabregas will realise it is better with Chelsea
- Heskey: Liverpool would be happy with top four
- 'Sneijder set to stay at Galatasaray'
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi