- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
- Arsenal transfers: Ray Parlour urges Gunners to sign Edinson Cavani
Wenger hails Beckham as ‘fantastic’ role model for Arsenal youngsters
Arsène Wenger heaps praise on David Beckham as the perfect role model for Arsenal’s youngsters
Arsène Wenger has hailed David Beckham as the perfect role model for Arsenal’s youngsters.
The 37-year-old former England captain has been training with Arsenal after leaving MLS side LA Galaxy last month – although Wenger insists a permanent move for the midfielder is not on the cards.
But the Frenchman believes that the former Real Madrid star is the ideal example for his crop of young players.
“He’s fantastic, that’s one of the reasons I have him here,” said Wenger. “Beckham is in [early] in the morning and always does good work.
“The young English players look at him and take his advice on board. He gives positive advice.
“He has fantastic quality because he has done the maximum in his career. Why? Because he loves football. He is out there before training [starts]. After training he stays and plays. He is such a good example to look at.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck