- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
Wenger hails Beckham as ‘fantastic’ role model for Arsenal youngsters
Arsène Wenger heaps praise on David Beckham as the perfect role model for Arsenal’s youngsters
Arsène Wenger has hailed David Beckham as the perfect role model for Arsenal’s youngsters.
The 37-year-old former England captain has been training with Arsenal after leaving MLS side LA Galaxy last month – although Wenger insists a permanent move for the midfielder is not on the cards.
But the Frenchman believes that the former Real Madrid star is the ideal example for his crop of young players.
“He’s fantastic, that’s one of the reasons I have him here,” said Wenger. “Beckham is in [early] in the morning and always does good work.
“The young English players look at him and take his advice on board. He gives positive advice.
“He has fantastic quality because he has done the maximum in his career. Why? Because he loves football. He is out there before training [starts]. After training he stays and plays. He is such a good example to look at.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Özil is not getting enough praise, says Wenger
- Pochettino: Fazio must adapt to Spurs philosophy
- Rose: Pochettino has already improved me
- Back Man City & four more to win at 10/1!
- PHOTOS: Man Utd gear up for Burnley trip