- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Man Utd transfers: Dortmund speak out about Hummels and Reus
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid ‘looking to offload Sami Khedira’
- Lionel Messi ‘enquired about Arsenal move last season’
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Arsenal transfers: AC Milan admit Mario Balotelli could leave
Aaron Ramsey: Arsenal need to repay Arsène Wenger’s faith with win
Aaron Ramsey calls on his Arsenal team-mates to "repay" the faith shown in them by Arsène Wenger by beating Bayern Munich
Aaron Ramsey has called on his Arsenal team-mates to “repay” the faith shown in them by Arsène Wenger by overturning a two-goal deficit and beating Bayern Munich.
The Gunners were outplayed by the Bundesliga leaders as the German side ran out 3-1 winners in the first leg of the last-16 tie at Emirates Stadium on Tuesday.
Despite the prospect of a daunting trip to the Allianz Arena, Ramsey insists that the north Londoners are convinced they can turn the result around.
“Teams have been in this position before and managed to pull it off. Hopefully, we can have that sort of mentality,” Ramsey told talkSPORT.
“We need a bit of luck on the night but it’s been done before.
“We want to do well as a team and do well for him. He’s put all his faith into us and we have to repay him with the results.
“In the last couple of games they haven’t been what this football club should have.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Fàbregas: I'll shine with Torres for Chelsea
- PHOTOS: Wilshere returns to Arsenal training
- Pellegrini eyes further Man City signings
- New signings possible, says Pochettino
- Liverpool's Rodgers coy on Rémy deal