- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere ‘can become one of the best in the world’
Jack Wilshere is on course to become one of the best players in the world, according to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger
Jack Wilshere is on course to become one of the best players in the world, according to Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger.
The 21-year-old midfielder earned rave reviews for his impressive midweek performance for England as the Three Lions beat Brazil 2-1 in Wednesday’s friendly at Wembley.
And Wenger is sure that the England international, who has made a successful return to action this season following a lengthy injury lay-off, will stake his claim as one of the world’s top talents in years to come.
“The most important thing for me will be to keep his passion for the game, and keep the attitude of wanting to become a better player.
“If he keeps these two ingredients – which is not always easy – he can become a fantastic player. He already is one, but he can become one of the best in the world.”
Wenger is also backing Wilshere to establish himself as one of England’s most important players.
The Frenchman added: “The influence he has today on the England national team already is absolutely fantastic – let’s just hope that he does not have any more injury problems in the near future. I believe he can handle all the rest.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck