- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere ‘can become one of the best in the world’
Jack Wilshere is on course to become one of the best players in the world, according to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger
Jack Wilshere is on course to become one of the best players in the world, according to Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger.
The 21-year-old midfielder earned rave reviews for his impressive midweek performance for England as the Three Lions beat Brazil 2-1 in Wednesday’s friendly at Wembley.
And Wenger is sure that the England international, who has made a successful return to action this season following a lengthy injury lay-off, will stake his claim as one of the world’s top talents in years to come.
“The most important thing for me will be to keep his passion for the game, and keep the attitude of wanting to become a better player.
“If he keeps these two ingredients – which is not always easy – he can become a fantastic player. He already is one, but he can become one of the best in the world.”
Wenger is also backing Wilshere to establish himself as one of England’s most important players.
The Frenchman added: “The influence he has today on the England national team already is absolutely fantastic – let’s just hope that he does not have any more injury problems in the near future. I believe he can handle all the rest.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Man Utd flop Bebe joins Benfica
- Blanc coy on Di Maria link
- Law backs Van Gaal to lead Man Utd into Europe
- Ancelotti tells Di Maria to fight for Madrid future
- Twitter reacts as Drogba seals Chelsea return