- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
- Arsenal transfers: Ray Parlour urges Gunners to sign Edinson Cavani
I want a trophy! Arsenal new boy Nacho Monreal eyes silverware
Arsenal new boy Nacho Monreal says he is hoping to win a trophy at the Gunners after completing a £8.7m move from Malaga
Nacho Monreal says he is hoping to end his silverware drought after joining Arsenal in the January transfer window.
The 26-year-old completed a £8.7m move to the Gunners from Malaga on transfer deadline day, following in the footsteps of his compatriot and former team-mate Santi Cazorla.
The Spain international spent one-and-a-half seasons at Malaga but failed to win a trophy, and Monreal is hoping his fortunes can change at the north London side.
“I’m asked to defend well and not so much to score goals,” he told the Sun.
“When I go forward and assist others, it is as if I have scored, so that is a great satisfaction for me.
“I am a committed person and so give 100 per cent in every game.
“That is the best attribute a footballer can have: that every Saturday you give everything you have for your team.”
He added: “I cannot complain about my career but I would like to win a trophy – and I hope I can do this with Arsenal.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck