- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
I want a trophy! Arsenal new boy Nacho Monreal eyes silverware
Arsenal new boy Nacho Monreal says he is hoping to win a trophy at the Gunners after completing a £8.7m move from Malaga
Nacho Monreal says he is hoping to end his silverware drought after joining Arsenal in the January transfer window.
The 26-year-old completed a £8.7m move to the Gunners from Malaga on transfer deadline day, following in the footsteps of his compatriot and former team-mate Santi Cazorla.
The Spain international spent one-and-a-half seasons at Malaga but failed to win a trophy, and Monreal is hoping his fortunes can change at the north London side.
“I’m asked to defend well and not so much to score goals,” he told the Sun.
“When I go forward and assist others, it is as if I have scored, so that is a great satisfaction for me.
“I am a committed person and so give 100 per cent in every game.
“That is the best attribute a footballer can have: that every Saturday you give everything you have for your team.”
He added: “I cannot complain about my career but I would like to win a trophy – and I hope I can do this with Arsenal.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Oxlade-Chamberlain hails Chambers's move
- Juventus confident of Vidal stay
- Van Gaal: I won't buy for the sake of it
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers