- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
I want a trophy! Arsenal new boy Nacho Monreal eyes silverware
Arsenal new boy Nacho Monreal says he is hoping to win a trophy at the Gunners after completing a £8.7m move from Malaga
Nacho Monreal says he is hoping to end his silverware drought after joining Arsenal in the January transfer window.
The 26-year-old completed a £8.7m move to the Gunners from Malaga on transfer deadline day, following in the footsteps of his compatriot and former team-mate Santi Cazorla.
The Spain international spent one-and-a-half seasons at Malaga but failed to win a trophy, and Monreal is hoping his fortunes can change at the north London side.
“I’m asked to defend well and not so much to score goals,” he told the Sun.
“When I go forward and assist others, it is as if I have scored, so that is a great satisfaction for me.
“I am a committed person and so give 100 per cent in every game.
“That is the best attribute a footballer can have: that every Saturday you give everything you have for your team.”
He added: “I cannot complain about my career but I would like to win a trophy – and I hope I can do this with Arsenal.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Cech welcomes Chelsea legend back home
- Man Utd flop Bebe joins Benfica
- Blanc coy on Di Maria link
- Law backs Van Gaal to lead Man Utd into Europe
- Ancelotti tells Di Maria to fight for Madrid future