- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
- Mauricio Pochettino discusses whether Spurs signing will face Liverpool
I want a trophy! Arsenal new boy Nacho Monreal eyes silverware
Arsenal new boy Nacho Monreal says he is hoping to win a trophy at the Gunners after completing a £8.7m move from Malaga
Nacho Monreal says he is hoping to end his silverware drought after joining Arsenal in the January transfer window.
The 26-year-old completed a £8.7m move to the Gunners from Malaga on transfer deadline day, following in the footsteps of his compatriot and former team-mate Santi Cazorla.
The Spain international spent one-and-a-half seasons at Malaga but failed to win a trophy, and Monreal is hoping his fortunes can change at the north London side.
“I’m asked to defend well and not so much to score goals,” he told the Sun.
“When I go forward and assist others, it is as if I have scored, so that is a great satisfaction for me.
“I am a committed person and so give 100 per cent in every game.
“That is the best attribute a footballer can have: that every Saturday you give everything you have for your team.”
He added: “I cannot complain about my career but I would like to win a trophy – and I hope I can do this with Arsenal.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Lovren: This is Liverpool's year
- 'Top four would be huge for Man Utd'
- Scholes questions Man Utd move for Blind
- Get 10/1 on Man City, Barcelona and more!
- Agger seals return to Brondby