- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
Arsenal transfers: Cesc Fàbregas hopes to finish career at Barcelona
Arsenal transfers: Former Gunners captain Cesc Fàbregas says he is hoping to finish his career at boyhood club Barcelona
Cesc Fàbregas says that he wants to retire at Barcelona despite reports of a possible return to Arsenal in the future.
The 25-year-old has been a key part of Barça’s La Liga title push this season, scoring nine goals in 31 appearances for the Catalan side in all competitions.
Fàbregas returned to his boyhood club in a €34m (£29m) deal from the Gunners in 2011, ending long-term speculation linking the Spain international with a move back to Camp Nou.
In January, Arsène Wenger hinted that Fàbregas could re-join Arsenal after two or three years in Spain – but the playmaker has now reiterated his desire to see out the remainder of his career at Barcelona.
“I’ve come back to Barça to stay for the rest of my career. If it were up to me, and if everything goes well, I’ll fight as hard as I can to retire here,” said Fàbregas.
The former Arsenal captain is expected to line up for Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie at AC Milan next Tuesday.
And Fàbregas warned his Barcelona team-mates that they will need to be at their best to get past the seven-time European champions, despite Milan’s inconsistent form this season,
“It will be very complicated. We’ll need to be at our best to beat them. The match against Milan is key because we want to go to Wembley.
“We believe that they will be a very difficult rival because of the players they have and because of their history. If we aren’t at 100 per cent we will not go through to the next round.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- 'Everton should have given Lukaku No9 shirt'
- Vidal is a Juve player, insists Marotta
- Hernández thanks Inter for interest
- Williams wants Swansea to keep Bony
- Van Gaal: Man Utd making big steps