- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
Arsenal transfers: Gunners ‘favourites to land Christian Benteke’
Arsenal transfers: Gunners are readying a summer swoop for Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke, according to reports
Arsenal are lining up a summer swoop for free-scoring Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke, according to reports.
The Belgian has hit the ground running at Villa Park since joining the club from Genk in the summer for £7m, notching up 14 goals in 27 appearances for Paul Lambert’s men.
And the Gunners are apparently leading the race to sign the 22-year-old forward, with the Daily Star claiming that he has already made his mind up to quit Villa in the summer.
Villa boss Lambert recently moved to stave off interest in the striker by insisting that he would not be leaving the club on the cheap.
“If someone wanted to buy Christian they’d better have a few quid in their pocket to buy him,” said Lambert. “He’s not just going to walk out of here for the value he came for, that’s for sure.
“Has he doubled his value? Yes, by miles. He’s only 22 and he’s got years and years ahead of him. He’s not at his peak, but what he’s done for me and for the club is fantastic.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Martinez hails historic Lukaku signing
- Lukaku hopes to progress at Chelsea
- Twitter reacts as Everton sign Lukaku
- Photos: Arsenal train in Austria
- Scholes: Wilshere can come of age