- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry talks up ‘quality’ Gedion Zelalem
- Brendan Rodgers likens Philippe Coutinho to ex-Tottenham star
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- I want to be Arsenal’s No10, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain tells Jack Wilshere
- Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger confirms David Ospina signing
Aston Villa transfers: Lambert hints new signings could debut at Everton
Aston Villa transfers: Paul Lambert says he might hand new signings Yacouba Sylla and Simon Dawkins their debut against Everton
Paul Lambert says that Aston Villa’s new signings Yacouba Sylla and Simon Dawkins could make their Premier League debuts against Everton on Saturday.
The Villa manager snapped up Sylla from Clermont Foot, while Dawkins joined the struggling Birmingham side on loan from Tottenham Hotspur.
With Lambert’s side dropping into the relegation zone following a 2-1 loss to Newcastle United midweek, the Scotman is hoping the duo can help bolster their chances of securing Premier League survival.
“The two of them are ready to go. I wouldn’t have any fear about throwing them in, whether it is tomorrow against Everton or West Ham next weekend,” Lambert said.
“The lad Sylla will come in and will give us something we don’t have with a bit of steel. He’ll give us something in the middle of the pitch we haven’t got.
“He will get stuck right in and you need players to do the dirty work.
“Simon can play anywhere. He will surprise people with the way he plays the game. He will create and make things happen.
“He can play anywhere across the middle. He had a spell in America (with San Jose Earthquakes) where he has been incredible. He’s been in great form.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Cazorla 'very happy' despite Atletico link
- Sharpe: Van Gaal needs to sign two defenders
- Cleverley: I'm a Van Gaal player
- Oxlade-Chamberlain eyes Wilshere's No10
- 'Coutinho will become even bigger Liverpool diamond'