- I wouldn’t sign Liverpool target Mario Balotelli for free, says ex-Man Utd star
- Photos: Özil and Mertesacker train as Arsenal gear up for Everton
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
- Transfer round-up: Reus in talks with Arsenal, Tottenham to sign Fazio
- José Mourinho wishes Mario Balotelli all the best at Liverpool
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Signing Mario Balotelli the worst thing for the Reds’
Cesc Fàbregas refuses to rule out return to Arsenal
Cesc Fàbregas refuses to rule out a return to Arsenal in the future - but insists he is happy at Barcelona for now
Cesc Fàbregas has refused to rule out a return to Arsenal in the future – but insists he is happy at Barcelona.
Arsène Wenger last month claimed that the 25-year-old Spain international could one day return to the club he left in the summer of 2011, describing the midfielder as “an Arsenal man”.
Fàbregas, who spent eight seasons in north London and racked up over 300 appearances for the Gunners, says Emirates Stadium would be his first choice should he leave Barcelona one day.
But the playmaker insists he is happy at Camp Nou after having netted nine goals in 32 games in all competitions so far this season.
“I haven’t spoken to him [Wenger] about that but it’s good news for me that he says things like this because I was sad when I left,” he told Sky Sports.
“When I spoke with him I was happy in a way because I was able to shake his hand and look him in the eye. I would have never forgiven myself if I left in a bad way. [It's an] amazing club that has given me everything.
“I’m just happy they have a good memory of me. Who knows? In the future I don’t know if I will come back to Arsenal.
“If one day I have to leave Barcelona, probably the first thing I will look into is Arsenal, but at the moment I’m very happy here. I could not think of a better team for me.”
Fàbregas added: “For me [London] is the best city in the world. I love London, for me it’s an amazing city.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Mourinho backs Cahill for England captaincy
- Mourinho: I don't have to explain my decision to Cech
- Van Persie set to return for Man Utd
- Back Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs to win at 10/1!
- Rodgers: Markovic & Moreno available for Man City trip