- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
- Mauricio Pochettino discusses whether Spurs signing will face Liverpool
Chris Samba: QPR have enough to stay in the Premier League
Queens Park Rangers defender Chris Samba says the Hoops "have enough" to stay in the Premier League this season
Christopher Samba believes Queens Park Rangers “have enough” to stay in the Premier League after moving to the Hoops from Anzhi Makhachkala last week.
The 28-year-old made his debut in a stalemate with Norwich City at Loftus Road on Saturday after completing a £12.5m move to the west London side on deadline day.
Samba felt Harry Redknapp’s side deserved to take three points from the Canaries clash and remains optimistic about their survival prospects.
“We had enough chances to win that game but we were a bit unlucky with the penalty,” Samba told QPR’s website.
“I thought we did enough to win and we were unfortunate not to as we could have had three points. That will come, hopefully against Swansea this Saturday.
“We played very well overall though and I have seen we have enough to remain in this league for myself now.”
Samba also revealed he is continuing to work on his fitness levels after a five-week lay-off due to the Russian top-flight’s winter break between December and March.
“I’d only done five days of training after five weeks out before coming here,” Samba added.
“This is the English league and it is physical. It was a more intensive style of play than it was in Russia.
“To get a clean sheet is pleasing but I am very disappointed to get a draw as a win would have put us back amongst the chasing pack.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Man Utd are making progress, says Van Gaal
- Fowler blasts disrespectful Van Gaal
- West Ham sign Song on season-long loan deal
- Hazard 'feeling good' back at Chelsea
- PHOTOS: Arsenal train ahead of Leicester trip