- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal coy on Javier Hernandez future
- Arsenal transfers: Serge Aurier confirms Gunners approach
Cristiano Ronaldo: Manchester United is still in my heart
Cristiano Ronaldo says Manchester United still holds a place in his heart ahead of Real Madrid's Champions League clash
Cristiano Ronaldo says Manchester United still holds a place in his heart ahead of Real Madrid’s Champions League showdown with the Red Devils.
Madrid host United in the first leg of the last-16 tie later this month and Ronaldo, who spent six years at Old Trafford, was thrilled to see Los Blancos drawn against his former employers.
The 27-year-old also revealed that he was convinced that the two clubs would be paired together before the draw was made back in December.
“On the day of the draw I was out training and had this strong feeling that we were going to get Manchester United,” Ronaldo told the Sun.
“I was very happy. It’s a tough match that could go either way.
“Manchester was my home and is still in my heart. I love it because when people treat you very well, you never forget that.
“And I will never forget United, the people who work there and the supporters. So I am happy to be going back to Manchester.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Podolski urges Khedira to join Arsenal
- Vidal 'will join Man Utd next month'
- Aurier confirms Arsenal approach
- Cavani won't rule out PSG exit
- Fàbregas: I'll shine with Torres for Chelsea