- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
Europa League not a distraction for Tottenham, insists Villas-Boas
Tottenham boss André Villas-Boas dismisses the suggestion that Spurs' Europa League run could be a distraction
André Villas-Boas has dismissed suggestions that Tottenham’s run in the Europa League could cause them to take their eye off the race for fourth place.
But Villas-Boas insists that he is not concerned over his side’s domestic form, insisting that their European exploits can serve as an “inspiration”.
“After Europa League games we’ve always been good in the Premier League,” said the Tottenham boss. “I think it puts us in a good position to face West Ham.
“I don’t think it’s a distraction, I think it’s an inspiration and I hope it can be exactly that against West Ham.
“We don’t have to fear any team. People have respect for us. If you’re in a winning mood it’s important in the league.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck