- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
Europa League not a distraction for Tottenham, insists Villas-Boas
Tottenham boss André Villas-Boas dismisses the suggestion that Spurs' Europa League run could be a distraction
André Villas-Boas has dismissed suggestions that Tottenham’s run in the Europa League could cause them to take their eye off the race for fourth place.
But Villas-Boas insists that he is not concerned over his side’s domestic form, insisting that their European exploits can serve as an “inspiration”.
“After Europa League games we’ve always been good in the Premier League,” said the Tottenham boss. “I think it puts us in a good position to face West Ham.
“I don’t think it’s a distraction, I think it’s an inspiration and I hope it can be exactly that against West Ham.
“We don’t have to fear any team. People have respect for us. If you’re in a winning mood it’s important in the league.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi
- Origi: Mignolet says Liverpool is perfect for me
- Rodgers: Origi one of world's brightest talents
- Origi vows to 'maximise' Liverpool chance
- Photos: Man Utd squad meet tennis stars