- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
Gareth Bale ignores comparisons to Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi
Gareth Bale will not get carried away by talk suggesting that he is on a similar level to Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi
Gareth Bale insists he will not get carried away by talk suggesting that the Tottenham Hotspur winger is on a similar level to Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
The 23-year-old continued his stunning form on Monday night as his brilliant last-minute winner gave Spurs victory over West Ham United and fired the north Londoners up to third place in the table.
Bale has now scored 12 goals in his last 13 games and his incredible run of form has prompted comparisons to top La Liga duo Ronaldo and Messi.
But the Wales international insists he does not read too much into such talk, insists that his only focus is performing for his club.
“It’s not for me to say,” Bale told talkSPORT. “People can talk and say what they want. They have their own opinions. All I can do is keep trying my hardest and keep playing my best football and trying to do my best for the team.
“If newspapers want to talk and start saying things then that is entirely up to them. I can’t control that, all I can do is play well on the pitch.”
Tottenham can move seven points clear of fifth-placed Arsenal if they can beat their north London rivals at White Hart Lane on Sunday.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Henry: Time was right to sell Suárez
- Van Gaal hints at defensive signings for Man Utd
- Herrera: My Man Utd debut was a dream
- Shaqiri plays down exit speculation
- Rodgers: Coutinho the brain of Liverpool side