- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Three reasons why Arturo Vidal should join Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Gareth Bale: Tottenham have ‘overtaken’ Arsenal in recent years
Tottenham winger Gareth Bale believes Spurs have "overtaken" their north London rivals Arsenal over the last couple of years
Gareth Bale has turned up the heat ahead of next Sunday’s north London derby by claiming that Tottenham have “overtaken” Arsenal in recent seasons.
The Gunners were able to close the gap to their north London rivals to just one point with Saturday’s 2-1 win over Aston Villa as the race for a top-four finish intensifies.
Spurs travel to West Ham United on Monday night before hosting Arsenal at White Hart Lane next weekend.
And Bale, who has been Tottenham’s standout performer this season having scored nine goals in his last nine outings for André Villas-Boas’s men, feels that Spurs have now edged ahead of the Gunners in terms of quality.
“I think five or 10 years ago Arsenal were always miles ahead of Tottenham but that has changed in recent years,” Bale was quoted as saying by the Sun.
“Over the past few seasons we have closed that gap and I think now we have overtaken them on the pitch. I think we have the stronger squad.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Flamini: Benfica will be a good test for Arsenal
- Wenger rubbishes Quintero link
- Wenger: Vermaelen could leave Arsenal
- Wenger 'open' to doing more business
- Photos: Sánchez joins up with Arsenal squad