- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
Gary Cahill: I will learn from my England blunder against Brazil
Gary Cahill vows to learn from his costly mistake against Brazil after England ran out 2-1 winners at Wembley on Wednesday
Gary Cahill has vowed to learn from his costly mistake against Brazil after England ran out 2-1 winners at Wembley on Wednesday.
With the Three Lions leading 1-0 thanks to Wayne Rooney’s first-half strike, Cahill was at fault as he sloppily gave the ball away in his own half – and Fred fired home an equaliser for the visitors.
And Chelsea defender Cahill believes that he “showed character” to put the mistake behind him and focus on the rest of the game.
“I thought I played well overall but if you make a mistake like that it’s going to be costly,” Cahill told ESPN.
“[But] that’s the nature of my position. Thankfully Frank [Lampard] scored so it didn’t spoil the lads’ night. It did spoil my night slightly though.
“It was out of character from myself, but I will learn from it and that’s great.
“I showed character to bounce back from it and the team showed character to forget about it and carry on.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers
- Twitter reacts to Arsenal's £16m signing
- Arsenal give Chambers No21 shirt
- Walcott welcomes Chambers to Arsenal