- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal rules out any further signings
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Vertonghen & more: Twitter reacts as Dawson swaps Tottenham for Hull
- Rooney, Lineker & more: Twitter reacts as Di Maria completes Man Utd move
- Photos: Man Utd unveil new £59.7m signing Angel Di Maria
Gary Neville: How Man Utd can stop Cristiano Ronaldo
Gary Neville believes that Manchester United will be able to stop Cristiano Ronaldo by "getting numbers around him" on Wednesday
Gary Neville believes that Manchester United will be able to stop Cristiano Ronaldo by “getting numbers around him” when the Red Devils travel to Real Madrid on Wednesday.
The Portugal international is set to line up against his former club for the first time since sealing a record £80m move to the Bernabéu in 2009 in the Champions League last-16 tie.
The 28-year-old has already netted a staggering 36 goals so far this season, including five braces and three hat-tricks.
And although former Red Devils defender Neville admits that United will have their work cut out in keeping him quiet, he believes that Sir Alex Ferguson’s men will have a chance if they double up on him.
“I watched him play against Sevilla on Saturday night and he scored three goals in about 30 minutes, and they were all different types of goals too,” Neville told BBC Radio Five Live.
“The one way United could handle him is by getting numbers around him.
“I think if Ronaldo is out on the right wing against Rafael, Phil Jones might come across to cover, so they’ve got two men against him.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Wenger open to further Arsenal signings
- Giroud ruled out until December
- PHOTOS: Sánchez fires Arsenal into group stage
- Man Utd are a joke! Carragher makes Twitter dig