- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Photos: Robin van Persie & Wayne Rooney all smiles at Man Utd training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal step up Khedira bid, Man Utd to sign Alonso
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid boss gives update on Sami Khedira
Harry Redknapp: QPR can sell new signings if relegated in the summer
Harry Redknapp believes QPR can cash in on their new signings if the Hoops are relegated at the end of the season
Harry Redknapp believes Queens Park Rangers will be able to cash in on their January transfer signing should the Hoops suffer relegation at the end of the season.
QPR signed Chris Samba from Anzhi Makhachkala in a £12.5m deal on deadline day, smashing the previous club record set by the arrival of Loïc Rémy earlier in January.
Despite concerns over QPR’s spending, Redknapp insisted the signings were a positive and is confident the new players can keep the Hoops in the top flight – or be sold for a profit in the summer.
“Everyone is going on about Samba. You will sell Samba at the end of the season if you want to sell him because Samba should be playing for a top four team,” Redknapp said.
“He is a monster of a player, as quick as lightning, fantastic in the air, can play. He has got the lot and is the full ticket. At the end of the season, if it doesn’t go well, they will go and get £12m for Samba, not a danger.
“There will be managers out there who will be thinking ‘I thought he was gone, but now he is back in England’. There will be takers for Samba all day. So they have not done their money on Samba.
“Rémy for £8m, if he can come and score a few goals, he will be £12m. We [Tottenham] tried to buy him for £18m last year. The two kids from Tottenham. One was three grand [a week] and the one doesn’t come to a lot of money.
“They are good players. The club’s invested, but they will get their money back on those players.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- All of today's football transfer gossip
- Campbell: Balotelli deal too good to turn down
- Robson: Balotelli is a bad move for Liverpool
- Limassol 1 Tottenham 2: Talking points
- Limassol 1 Tottenham 2: Player ratings