- Hungarian Grand Prix 2014: Lewis Hamilton battles to third-place finish
- Lewis Hamilton: I did as well as I could at the German Grand Prix
- Bahrain Grand Prix 2013: Delighted Nico Rosberg predicts tough test
- Nico Rosberg tells Lewis Hamilton: I’m 100% German
- Lewis Hamilton entering ‘attack mode’ in Formula 1 title race
- Nico Rosberg: I would have won the British Grand Prix
Lewis Hamilton ready for ‘new chapter’ with Mercedes
Lewis Hamilton declares himself ready for a "new chapter" in his career at Mercedes as team unveils its 2013 Formula 1 car
Lewis Hamilton has declared himself ready for a “new chapter” in his career after Mercedes unveiled its car for the 2013 season, the F1 W04.
The Briton, who signed a three-year deal with Mercedes last year after opting to leave McLaren, insists he is raring to go ahead of the new Formula 1 season.
“It’s the start of a new chapter for me, a new adventure, and when I walked through the doors in Brackley, I was so excited to get down to work,” said Hamilton.
“I’ve been at the factory for a few days now, getting to know the guys, meeting my mechanics and engineers, learning myself into the team and I have never seen a group of people that is hungrier for success than this one.
“They have been flat out this winter trying to pack more performance into the new car and I can’t wait to drive it and see where I can make a difference to help push the team forward with Nico.”
Hamilton admits that it is likely to take time for the team to develop into genuine title contenders – but the 28-year-old insists he is happy to play the “long game”.
“This is a new start for me with the team in Brackley but I have worked with Mercedes-Benz for a very long time now, and I learned one thing most of all: Mercedes-Benz doesn’t know how to lose.
“We are playing a long game here but I know we will have success together and I´m excited to be a big part of making it happen.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
- Hamilton battles to third-place finish
- Hamilton's title bid up in flames
- Azerbaijan lands 2016 Grand Prix
- Hamilton satisfied with podium finish
- Hamilton vows to race through pain