- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
It’s been a struggle! Liverpool’s Joe Allen unhappy with his form
Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen admits that he has struggled since completing a £15m move to the Reds in the summer
Joe Allen has admitted that he has struggled since the Wales international joined Liverpool in the summer.
The 22-year-old has been dropped by Brendan Rodgers in recent weeks in favour of the in-form Jordan Henderson, with Allen making a handful of substitute appearances.
The Team GB midfielder can understand his manager’s decision after the former Swansea midfielder struggled to produce the kind of performances which saw him shine at the Liberty Stadium.
But Liverpool’s £15m summer signing vowed to keep working hard ahead of Wales’ international friendly against Austria on Wednesday night.
“My form hasn’t been great,” said Allen.
“I’m a perfectionist and maybe that’s my problem. Sometimes I get frustrated and disappointed when things aren’t perfect.
“It’s been disappointing not to have been involved in every game and play every game.
“But it’s up to me now to work hard and get myself back in the team and improve my level of performance.”
Allen has scored one goal in 31 appearances for Liverpool after completing his move to Liverpool from Swansea City in August.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Arsenal train in Austria
- Scholes: Wilshere can come of age
- Scholes: Rooney be next Man Uatd captain
- Three reasons why Chelsea isn't right for Lukaku
- Lukaku ready to 'write new chapter'