- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
It’s been a struggle! Liverpool’s Joe Allen unhappy with his form
Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen admits that he has struggled since completing a £15m move to the Reds in the summer
Joe Allen has admitted that he has struggled since the Wales international joined Liverpool in the summer.
The 22-year-old has been dropped by Brendan Rodgers in recent weeks in favour of the in-form Jordan Henderson, with Allen making a handful of substitute appearances.
The Team GB midfielder can understand his manager’s decision after the former Swansea midfielder struggled to produce the kind of performances which saw him shine at the Liberty Stadium.
But Liverpool’s £15m summer signing vowed to keep working hard ahead of Wales’ international friendly against Austria on Wednesday night.
“My form hasn’t been great,” said Allen.
“I’m a perfectionist and maybe that’s my problem. Sometimes I get frustrated and disappointed when things aren’t perfect.
“It’s been disappointing not to have been involved in every game and play every game.
“But it’s up to me now to work hard and get myself back in the team and improve my level of performance.”
Allen has scored one goal in 31 appearances for Liverpool after completing his move to Liverpool from Swansea City in August.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodgers likens Coutinho to ex-Tottenham star
- Torino chief wants Cerci decision
- Shaqiri 'staying at Bayern Munich'
- Arsenal can kick on, insists Arteta
- Wenger: Sanchez has qualities Arsenal lack