- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
It’s been a struggle! Liverpool’s Joe Allen unhappy with his form
Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen admits that he has struggled since completing a £15m move to the Reds in the summer
Joe Allen has admitted that he has struggled since the Wales international joined Liverpool in the summer.
The 22-year-old has been dropped by Brendan Rodgers in recent weeks in favour of the in-form Jordan Henderson, with Allen making a handful of substitute appearances.
The Team GB midfielder can understand his manager’s decision after the former Swansea midfielder struggled to produce the kind of performances which saw him shine at the Liberty Stadium.
But Liverpool’s £15m summer signing vowed to keep working hard ahead of Wales’ international friendly against Austria on Wednesday night.
“My form hasn’t been great,” said Allen.
“I’m a perfectionist and maybe that’s my problem. Sometimes I get frustrated and disappointed when things aren’t perfect.
“It’s been disappointing not to have been involved in every game and play every game.
“But it’s up to me now to work hard and get myself back in the team and improve my level of performance.”
Allen has scored one goal in 31 appearances for Liverpool after completing his move to Liverpool from Swansea City in August.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck